Welcome to the 2nd edition of #MicroMondays. We had quite the blast with the first ever edition – with the prompt ‘I AM CURIOUS TOO‘ inspiring participants to write about cats and mice, tarrot card readers and people planning to dash headlong into caves and woods and marriages 😛
This week’s prompt has been taken from the 33rd page of PENANCE by Kanae Minato.
The word count for this week is the sum of today’s date (23+10) = 33
The prompt is.
BUT THERE WAS A CRIMINAL
So, what are you waiting for? Get cracking on your 33-word (including the prompt) microfiction with the prompt used ‘Verbatim’.
Some Basic Rules:
- You know the ones about word count and prompt usage by now.
- Tag your post titles with #MicroMondays
- Tweet your posts linking with the hosts @VaradharajanR and @Namysaysso and the hashtag #MicroMondays.
- Linkup your posts with the inlinkzlink provided.
- The linkup will be open till midnight of the 26th. So, hurry up. 🙂
- Request your posts be below ‘R’ rating.
- Genre no bar. But just to spice up things, future challenges might come up with a genre requirement. 😉
- Mild profanity allowed
- Read, like, comment and promote your fellow writers’ posts. Sharing is caring.
- Grab the badge below and display it proudly in your post.
- Enjoy the crazy ride.
My Entry: The Complete Picture
“Your infatuation blinds you from seeing the truth.”
Holmes ignored Watson’s remark.
“But there was a criminal.”
Watson never saw the complete picture.
Miss Adler fascinated him.
She held the key.